Deputy Minister of Ministry of Science and Technology Tran Van Tung and Vice Chairman of People's Committee of Can Tho city Nguyen Thanh Dung co-chaired in this event. There were units under the Ministry of Science and Technology, leaders of the Department of Science and Technology in 20 Southern provinces and cities of Vietnam attending the ceremony.
Accordingly, the Conference agreed on a plan for organizing demonstrating activities and the National Center for Scientific and Technological Progress Applications in 2018 to take place in Can Tho city in 5 and 10/2018.
Specifically: The workshop on introduction of technological achievements for Korean agricultural production and Mekong Agriculture and Fisheries Technology Forum 2018 will take place on 25/5/2018, at Muong Thanh Luxury Hotel.
In addition, during the period from 24 to 26/10/2018, there will be 9 main activities in the series of events namely:
The Opening Ceremony of "Demonstrating the connection between international technology supply and demand 2018"; Exhibition and introduction of technology/ equipment/technology products; Technology consultancy, technical process improvement; Consultancy on financial-technology connection; Intensive seminar on technology in the field of agriculture, fisheries, environmental protection, renewable energy, new materials; International Forum on development of modern technology application; International conference on "Connecting the transfer of renewable energy technologies, clean energy"; Ceremony on honoring enterprises of technology innovation and Closing Ceremony "Demonstrating the connection of the international technology supply - demand 2018".
Demonstrating the connection between international technology supply and demand is a series of events which were held from the beginning of 2018 and the major activities will take place in Can Tho city in October, 2018. These activities aim to:
(1) Promote investment cooperation in research, application, development and renovation of technology between Vietnamese enterprises and foreign partners; raise the domestic technological capability, the level of design, manufacture and application of technology in priority sectors.
(2) Enhance activities of conducting surveys; contacting with enterprises; connecting supply and demand between local enterprises and both domestic and foreign research institutes, universities according to the needs of enterprises.
(3) Improve the quality and effectiveness of technology transfer promotion activities; develop supply-demand connecting points for technology; perfect the database system of technology, technology experts; provide technology information, technology consulting for enterprises, connect enterprises to the market.
(4) Intensify the communication activities on successful business models in technology application and technology innovation which brings high efficiency.
(5) Enhance the role and effectiveness of the Centers for technological progress to enterprises in application, innovation and technology transfer activities.
(6) Promote cooperation between Ministry of Science and Technology and other ministries, departments, associations both domestic and abroad in promotion activities, technology transfer and innovation.
Concluding the conference, Deputy Minister of Science and Technology Tran Van Tung called on the Departments of Science and Technology to strengthen collaboration with the Department of application and development of technology under the Ministry of Science and Technology to make good provision of databases on technology sources for localities, on the basis of which the localities supply and provide timely consultancy to enterprises and producers. The technology database provided to enterprises, producers must be simple, easy to find, easy to understand, easy to connect. Besides, workshops introducing new technologies need to focus on supporting and assisting researchers at institutes, schools to easily and conveniently introduce the research results to enterprises.
Hoang Khanh - Translated by Hoang Dat